Weeds

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Frustating times.

Why do large companies insist on making life difficult. I ordered broadband for my mother just over a month ago, she has still not received the modem. I have made several phone calls and sent several emails and eventually lost my temper and told them to cancel the order this was the reply:

Thank you for your email. We apologise for the delay in the response.

Unfortunately we are not able to cancel an entire contract due to the failure of Royal Mail to deliver the equipment package.


I rang them to try to make them understand that it was their customer service at fault but all they would do was insist that they send another modem. I give them until Friday....

I then decided that I would check my bank account as I was sure that it needed money moving. I have a 7 digit security number but the stupid system was asking me for the 8th digit, I tried 3 times and, of course locked it. Telephone again, eventually after several numbers and the music was told that nobody could unlock it or even look at it except at the branch and I would need ID. Luckily the bank was empty and it was easy to do but what a palaver.

Next was the dentist who had put a temporary filling in 5 weeks ago. He asked how it was and I said fine, no discomfort, no pain and I didn't look forward to the full filling. I couldn't believe it when he said that in that case as it looked good and firm he couldn't see any point in maybe causing me pain and discomfort so we could just forget it until it was a problem. (I thought nhs dentists got paid by piecework). What a lovely man.

I was so pleased by that I rushed to the allotment, dug up some beetroot took them home, cooked them and had a delicious beetroot sandwich. The perfect end to a rubbish day.

3 Comments:

At 6:16 pm, Blogger The Angina Monologues said...

Re the first problem, as I understand it, if you make a contract with a company to supply you, that contract is between you and them. Their internal arrangements or contracts with third parties like the Royal (useless) Mail to deliver your goods is their business. It's up to them to fulfil their contract with you regardless.

Anyway, that's what I always tell them. Not that it usually makes a blind bit of difference!

 
At 10:19 pm, Blogger Snailspace said...

Beetroot Wine is very nice. Afew years ago we grew a few rows and ended up with loads of the damn things. We had more than we needed so decided to ferment them. The end product tasted like Sherry but was incredibly potent.

 
At 10:01 pm, Blogger Lucy Mail said...

My mum used to boil beetroot, every now and then, when I was a child. Bearing in mind that she could never even make toast without burning it, it was an ambitious undertaking that usually resulted in the house stinking of burned beetroot for days.
There ain't a smell quite like it!
I tend to buy jars of the stuff, myself, due to lack of proper training in home preparation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home