Weeds

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Sitting in Clover

I managed to mow the lawns before the rain but seem to have a nasty plague of clover. It's no good asking for advice here as I get told that the flowers are as pretty as the white and yellow ones, which is their reason for not wanting to mow! I seem to remember that weedol is not the answer so that is going to be my excuse to try the new Homebase this afternoon for an alternative.
I still have things in the greenhouse to plant out and it is very late in the year, where does the time go?

4 Comments:

At 10:33 pm, Blogger Snailspace said...

If I got rid of the clover on my lawns there'd be nothing left.
It stays nice and green and mow's very well, so I think I might keep it

 
At 10:52 am, Blogger The Angina Monologues said...

No, Weedol is definitely not the answer as I found to my cost. I have noticed that in this very dry weather, while most of the lawn (even the bits that weren't treated with Weedol) is brown, the clover seems to be doing very well. I wonder why?

 
At 11:43 am, Blogger Lucy Mail said...

It's absoultely great stuff for being rolled over in. So much so that I believe they even wrote a song about it.

 
At 2:02 pm, Blogger Richard Eastcliff said...

Yes, but be careful of the stubble, Lucy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home