Weeds

Monday, July 24, 2006

Courgettes

Luckily we can still use hosepipes at the allotment but only for half an hour or to fill water butts. I use most of mine on the courgette plants but now have courgettes coming out of my ears and there are only so many things that can be done with them. I have given so many away that I think friends, neighbours and relatives have had enough too. I am now allowing a couple to grow into marrows for the show bench let's hope one is successful. I was there by 7.30 yesterday morning and couldn't believe when by 8.00 I could feel the heat and the sun burning my back yet again, but I am not complaining. ( Stupid American spellchecker doesn't like courgettes either).



This is probably my favourite part of the garden, even better once the Canna flowers, but I think next year some of the shrubs will have to be replaced by the Bishop of Llandaff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home